September 22, 2011

Entertaining Angels

Alright, alright-I know I have been horrible at keeping this blog updated...Kyle and I stay so busy that it is hard to do!  But I knew I had to share this story....
Kyle and I attend Madison Church of Christ...it is an amazing church and we couldn't ask for a better place to worship together with our wonderful family and friends.  I would say probably 95% of the time, I take notes while Phil is preaching.  My mother-in-law and sister-in-law do this and it inspired me to start so that I could go back and lookup different passages or re-read things when I need motivation.  This Sunday Phil was talking about going out and spreading God's word.  He spoke specifically about Matthew 25:31 that talks about how doing good means seeing people as Jesus does and finding a way to bless them.  He also said that God expects us to feel what Jesus felt for the needy and doing something about it.  And boy did Phil and God show me that obviously that's what I need to be doing...here's what happened...
I am stuck on a new website, Pinterest--which is another post completely :)  But I was in Michael's on Monday getting some supplies and an older man came up to me and asked if he could tell me something.  I have to admit I was a little unsure at first but said yes nonetheless.  He simply said, "Jessus loves you, he wants you to know that."  Without hesitation I said, "Yes sir, I know he does and thank you for telling me that."  "You must have Jesus in your heart."  "Yes sir I do."  We went on to discuss that my husband and I attend Madison C of C and how wonderful it is.  The man said he attended First Assembly of God in Bowling Green, KY--which made me wonder why he would be in Goodlettsville, TN telling me that Jesus loves me.  And I couldn't help but think about what we discussed in church on Sunday--spreading God's word--which is exactly what this man was doing.  He gave me a little pamphlet with different Bible verses and explained that his church was having a revival.  We kept on talking for a little while and he asked me another question, "Do you know what you can take to Heaven with you?"  "What's that?" I replied.  "Only those people that you have helped know Jesus and God's word--they are the only ones that can come with you."  His cell phone rang, he excused himself, and walked down another aisle....and he was gone...
Of course I immediately called Kyle as soon as I got to the car and told him what had happened...and he explained to me that the Bible talks a lot about entertaining angels.  (I love having such a strong, Christian husband to help me learn). 
Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it..
Wow!  I know that I will never know if that man was one of us or an angel or both, but either way the message was heard loud and clear....and so was Phil's...I promise I am listening!  Which is why I wanted to share this story with all of you reading....and I promise to find ways to spread the word even more!!  So the next time a stranger comes up to you, take the time to listen because you never know when you may be entertaining your own angel...
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment